Pages

Saturday, December 11, 2010

Eu comi carne de cachorro. I ate dog meat.

I was eating dinner at the Kindergarten at 16:30pm. Everything was going well. I finished eating dinner and my Chinese friend came to me so happy and excited. I thought he would invite me to go out to have dinner with the bosses. He did not. He invited me to go to the kitchen. All right then I thought. When I arrived in the kitchen I saw two meat dishes. I asked -Is this is duck meat? My Chinese friend replied - No, it is dog meat. I laughed loudly and said - No, it is duck meat. Then he said - Look down and see the dog’s teeth. When I saw it I was surprised. Totally confused if I should taste it or not.

 I tell you reader that before I came to China I wanted to experience eating dog meat in China. In Brazil I can't eat it.
So, I took the first piece and put in my mouth. The first thing I thought was of  my three dogs in Brazil. I wasn't enjoying the first experience.

In small towns the possibility of Chinese people eating dog meat is more than Chinese people living in big towns. I asked my Chinese friend ‘”Why do Chinese people like to eat dog meat?”. He said “First, because it is delicious, second, because dog meat is like duck, chicken or any other animal.”

The fourth dog piece I almost vomited. I went close to window, in case I vomited. But I didn't. hahahaha

If you are thinking of eating dog meat then I suggest you do not think of dogs!!!
According to my experience in that eating moment, when Chinese people eat dog meat (not all Chinese) they feel excited and happy.


How is the dog taste? The dog taste is soft, no nerves, defying the mouth, the sauce with the dog has to be a little spicy because dog meat is a little strong.

I think that this experience was good. Now I'm not curious any more!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment